Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015

I AM A PROUD GRANDFATHER AGAIN



This August always promised to be an eventful month for our family.  Firstly, with the wedding of my son, Jon, to Lisa on 8th and now the arrival of a baby daughter to my daughter Selina and hubby Matt tonight, 17th.  So this news is hot off the press.

Here is Selina at Jon's recent wedding comparing and introducing her bump to the bump of one of my favourite nieces, Verity, who is two months behind Selina with her future bundle of joy, also a girl.



Rosa entered the world at 8.30pm this evening weighing in at 7lb 2 oz and two days early.

Mother and baby daughter are doing well.  Selina was in labour for just 4 hours and all went well.  It was a water birth.  Matt rang me to tell me the good news and he was quite emotional and as pleased and proud as punch.  We shall celebrate tomorrow evening.

Earlier I had heard the news that Selina had gone into the maternity ward from Matt's mother, who has been ringing all evening with snippets of information ~ we are so excited.  We shall be visiting to see Rosa, mother and father tomorrow afternoon. Sue first rang me at 5pm saying we were soon to be grandparents. 

That maternity ward at Bath Royal United Hospital has many happy memories for us. Both Selina and Jon were born there, and also baby Peter . . . and now little Rosa.

I was an anxious grandpa for a while but I am so pleased the birth went well and quickly and so proud of my little girl becoming a mum. She will always be my little girl.

I hope Maria has sprinkled some stardust on little Rosa, just as she undoubtedly did on Peter.

I will post more on the wedding soon and of course I shall post some photos of baby Rosa as soon as I can.

And of course, I shall be posting about Selina and Matt's wedding three years ago, not yet done because of the then traumatic events in my life.



Thank you all for your interest.







36 comments:

  1. The wedding three years ago...lol....that's old news now! Don't tell Selina that Jon got a post immediately or
    you'll be in trouble! haha...
    Glad Rosa and mom are doing well. How fun for you to go visit tomorrow. Don't forget your camera! :)
    Congratulations...how very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, should have posted about that before . . but Maria's illness intensified and later bad news struck then I went off blogging for a while. Always meant to post it . . :)

      I might have known Rose might be in the name somewhere. Selina loves roses and Rosa has a nice ring to it.

      Yes looking forward to meeting Rosa and I will take my camera . . :)
      Thank you . . . it is exciting. . . :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Eddie.....
    Give Rosa a big hug from me!
    Congratulations!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda . . . I will . . . :o)

      Delete
    2. . . . and don't I get one? . . . lol

      Delete
    3. But of course!! For the proud Grandpa...extra big hugs....♥️...glad you changed little Rosa's weight!! I was thinking she was pretty tiny for not being early!!
      Enjoy meeting her for the very first time!!

      Delete
    4. Aww . . . thank you . . .
      Yes that was a silly mistake and I should have realised it , , , but no matter.
      Saw Rosa today and cuddled her , , , and she stopped crying straight away as I talked softly to her . . . her little eyes were opened quite a lot ~ another post later. . . :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to you all.
    Welcome to the world,Rosa,may you be blessed always.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you, Eddie! How wonderful! Glad to hear all is well with Mum and Babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle . . . I am looking forward to meeting little Rosa tomorrow . . :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!
    I am awaiting a new granddaughter too. She is due to arrive August 30.
    And my new great niece is due August 28.
    I can hardly wait!!!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha ~ yes a momentous event indeed, and great to hear of your forthcoming arrivals in your family . . . . :)
      I am seeing little Rosa this afternoon . . :)

      Delete
  6. Please give Rosa a hug from me...congratulations! I am very happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thabk you Gail . . . yes a gift from Heaven I truly believe . . :) x

      Delete
  8. Oh Eddie. I am so happy for you and Selina and Matt. Wonderful news to hear about the birth of precious Rosa. I am glad that Mother and Daughter are doing well. Thinking about Maria sprinkling stardust on yours and her precious Granddaughter makes my heart light.
    My Mama's name is Rose, and her Grandmother's name was Rosa.
    Congratulations, Eddie. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie ~ little Rosa then is blessed to share a similar name to your Mama . . . :)
      Isn't this exciting a new member of the human race and a new little life in our family. I think Peter will adore her . . :)
      I wonder when Grand no 3 will arrive . . lol . . :) x

      Delete
  9. Fantastic news. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eddie - the family is having a busy time ... congratulations to one and all re Rosa - I think that's a lovely name ... great to see the photos - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary ~ yes a busy month for us . . . and I really love that name, Rosa, more and more. Selina loves roses and I should have guessed a rose might be in the name in some form . . :)
      I'll get some pictures today . . :) x

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on all the wonderful events happening in your family, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rgank you Karen and August this year has been very kind to us . . . saw baby Rosa today ~ she is beautiful and practically perfect in every way . . . :) x

      Delete
  12. You are positively beaming! Congratulations, Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . .beaming and thank you V . . . :) x

      Delete
  13. Welcome to the world, dear Rosa!
    Such wonderful news for you and your family, Eddie. How exciting.
    I love that name and I'm sure Maria is sending her joy and love too. Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzie . . . and yes, I like the name too. Yes Maria certainly is . . :) x

      Delete
  14. Rosa is such a pretty name. How exciting for you. I love new babies but I'm not expecting any more additions to the family now, but I had the opportunity to hold a 2 week old little girl last week.....ooooh I came over all maternal!!! Happy days to you and your ever growing family, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were pleasant;y surprised by the name . . .
      Holding new babies is very therapeutic. I just love it . . .
      For a while in the hospital we all just gazed at her as she slept . . . and when we awoke it was pass the baby ~ she seemed quite happy with that . . . :)

      Delete
  15. Rosa is such a pretty name. How exciting for you. I love new babies but I'm not expecting any more additions to the family now, but I had the opportunity to hold a 2 week old little girl last week.....ooooh I came over all maternal!!! Happy days to you and your ever growing family, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that the maternal instinct remains with a lot of ladies . . . :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm I wonder why my comment appeared twice....? Oh well, better twice than not at all. :-)

      Delete
    3. Hmmmm I wonder why my comment appeared twice....? Oh well, better twice than not at all. :-)

      Delete
    4. Well I am a little hard of hearing sometimes . . lol . . Thank you ~ all comments are appreciated, wish everyone would . . . :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.