Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015

MEETING BABY ROSA, "HELLO GRANDPA"



We are still on cloud 9 here . . . 

. . . a little life has entered the world . . . a life with some of our genes in her make-up, which will live on and on in future generations.  Quite a thought.

Today was Selina's and Matt's third wedding anniversary and boy what a present they almost had on it ~ this little bundle of joy arrived one day, but just 4 hours before it.



Let me introduce you to Rosa, one day old and practically perfect in every way . . 



And here is her Mum, Selina, who looks remarkably fit and well after the birth. She always was strong and fit was my girl.



. . . and the proud dad, Matt, a gentle man who will make a great father, as indeed will Selina be a fine mother.





. . . . . "Hey !!  . . . . let me have a cuddle ! Come to Grandpa!"



I managed to stop her crying and to rock her to sleep and the others were amused at me making baby noises . . . but Rosa seemed quite happy with Grandpa . . .  and didn't mind the 'pass the baby' game at all.

Matt's mother, Sue, came with me to see our grand daughter and we are so proud of her.

Nanna loved her to bits as soon as she saw her, as did Grandpa.



"Cuddle me some more please, Nanna" . .



"Nappy changing time, Daddy! . . . come on, do your stuff!"

Meanwhile Mummy has no baby so she has to make do with a teddy bear . . 



Grandpa suggested she should have had quads so we could have had one each . . . 



Almost time to go . . . . some parting shots.




"Hey Mum, my turn!"







"Well done girl, I am really very proud of you!"


___________________________________

And so ended a beautiful visit and first encounter with Rosa. Wonderful day.

Selina is staying a second night at the hospital so that she and baby get the breast feeding right ~ they are almost there. 

And as for you, little Rosa, I can't wait to see you again and to introduce you to toddler Peter.


I'll get back to the wedding subject next post.



25 comments:

  1. Aw... nothing like that first time you lay eyes on them! Thanks for sharing....what a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . reminds me of the song, "The first time, ever I saw her face!" by Roberta Flack . . . quite a day! :)

      Delete
    2. And it is always a pleasure sharing these moments with you . . . :) x

      Delete
  2. Precious photos, Eddie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She looks beautiful and cute:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria . . . . it's in the family from my side . . . lol
      Believe that and you'll believe anything . . lol
      Thanks Gloria ~ she is really wonderful . . and can't wait until I see here again . . . :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely family, all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle ~ always lovely to have you here . . .:) x

      Delete
  5. Oh,my goodness! She's so beautiful!
    Well done Mum and Dad!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I a clever boy? . . . lol
      Eddie x

      Delete
  6. Oh my....such a head of hair! Wonder if it will be curly like Peter's? That would be wonderful!
    She looks perfectly perfect Grandpa!
    Enjoy!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a good pair of lungs for sure, maybe she will be an Opera Singer . . . lol
      It would be nice if she did have curly hair like Peter but I think that comes from Peter's mum and not in our genes on either side. Time will tell ~ we are wondering if her hair will turn red, like Selina.

      Didn't I do well? . . . lol

      I'm off out for the day with Peter and crew !! . . o:)

      Delete
  7. Rosa has so much hair!!!! My sons and all the grandies were bald with just white blond whisps when they arrived so babies with dark hair look like they are from Mars to me!!! She is perfect, congratulations to everyone, including Granfer Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sham . . . .very kind words . . . . "Granfer Eddie" . . lol

      Delete
  8. Aww! Adorable! Congratualtions, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect anniversary gift! Congratulations to everyone. Rosa is adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie . . . we are lucky to have her in our lives . . . :) x

      Delete
  10. I'm so pleased you posted these photos of my great niece! She is an absolute cutie! Hope to meet her in the flesh before too long.

    Lots of love to everyone.
    Maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie . . . she is a little cutie pie and hope you can meet her soon . . . :)
      Love from your little bro . . . Eddie xxx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful baby, and beautiful family to love her.
    We have a son born the day before our wedding anniversary. Sometimes it was convenient to flip them and celebrate the anniversary on Saturday and the birthday on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha . . saw her again tonight . . and had a nice cuddle . . .
      Coincidence you have a son born a day before your W/A. . . . :)

      Delete
  12. What an adorable bundle! And I have another napple blanket all ready and waiting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pen, you are SO kind ~ I'll give you a call . . :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.