Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Sunday, 6 September 2015

THE DEATH OF A DEAR FRIEND




It is with deep regret I announce the passing of Harry, my brother-in-law, early this morning.  

For those who do not know it, my sister is Maggie May at Nuts In May and I saw her and some of the family today and this evening. 

Harry had been battling prostate cancer for over 15 years and over the last 18 months his health gradually declined and eventually he was taken by pneumonia. 

He was a charming and very kind man, a good husband to my sister, a good father and grandfather, and a good friend to me.  He was a very friendly man and never had an unkind word to say about anyone.

He was a brick layer and at his peak he laid 3000 bricks a day building houses.

He will be greatly missed ~ he was a devout Christian and he, like us, believe this is not the end for him but just the beginning of a life which will be everlasting and happy beyond measure and understanding.  Maggie and Harry will be reunited at the appointed hour, never to be parted again. 


No more pain, no more sorrow

I would like to think that my dear departed wife, Maria, came to meet him and take him by the hand to lead him into paradise. She was such a caring person, that is precisely the sort of thing she would do.

God bless Harry   R.I.P. 




19 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read of your loss, Eddie. There are no words to describe the pain and anyone who has lost a loved-one understands. I hope your fond memories of Harry help to heal your heart. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I'm so sorry to hear of Harry's passing, Eddie.
    Thank you for letting us know.
    I had just posted to Maggie yesterday or the day before.
    I, too, believe that Maria was there to meet Harry as he crossed over to our Forever Home with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Harry will be dearly missed here, I'm sure.
    Sending hugs to you and your family.
    Always,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have lost your friend. You know where he is..let that comfort you.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eddie - I am so sorry to read this - yet I am sure Maria was there and they will be at peace together. It's lovely to read your thoughts ... a special man with a special wider family ... with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry you have lost your friend. Hugs from Poland. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. My deepest condolences. May strength surround them to weather the waves....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My deepest sympathy to you and your dear family, Eddie. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time. Hugs, Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh Eddie I feel so bad just now. You and I both know how painful it is to loose our spouses. Hopefully Maggie will have lots of love and support from her family and friends. I know you will miss your BIL, may Harry RIP. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry....love and hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been reading and commenting on Maggie's blog for a while, and so I know about Harry's illness. I'm sending my sympathy to you, Maggie, and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been reading and commenting on Maggie's blog for a while, and so I know about Harry's illness. I'm sending my sympathy to you, Maggie, and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Eddy and to all kind friends who left comments on my blog. I will get round to updating it when I feel up to it.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sorry for your loss, dear Eddie. Please extend my condolences to Maggie as well. May your beautiful memories keep him alive in your hearts. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. God bless and keep Harry. I pray for the repose of his soul and for your dear sister to adjust to life without him. I pray too that you are doing well, Eddie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad Maggie has you for a brother. And that you have her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I am so sorry to read about Harry. My deepest sympathies to Maggie and you and your families. Big hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.