Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Thursday, 29 October 2015

Out Of The Darkness Comes Welcome Light



We, my family, were hoping for a ray of sunshine to chase away a dark cloud hanging over us, but yesterday a flood of light returned to our lives.



Many will know that my family has been blighted with cancer problems in recent years, and we have lost some much loved family members.

First, my dear wife Maria in April 2013 after a 16 year battle with breast cancer.

Then, six months later my daughter's father-in-law was struck down quickly with cancer of the oesophagus, six weeks after diagnosis.

Then my sister's husband, Harry, who passed away recently after his 15 year battle with prostate cancer.

My dear sister, Maggie May, at Nuts In May, also suffered two vicious cancer attacks, first in 2009 when a secondary cancer appeared like lightning and the primary was not evident anywhere so the oncology people did not know for certain what they were dealing with. Fortunately they picked the correct chemotherapy and that stopped it in it's tracks.  They did say without this treatment she would not have survived more than a few months and not seen her 70th birthday.  She enjoyed a short period of remission but it returned with vengeance in 2011 to her lower back and she had to undergo 30 blasts of radiotherapy.  Her and Harry seemed to be taking it in turns to undergo chemo and radiotherapies for their cancers.  

Maggie's treatment seemed to have done the trick and she has been in remission, or hopefully cancer free ever since. The doctors said the chances of a complete cure were very slim and checked her periodically.  Yet to everyone's surprise she remained cancer free and they regarded her somewhat as a walking miracle.

Then she had to undergo all the stress of Harry's illness which weighed very heavily on her physical health and recently she detected something was far from right with her and feared the return of cancer.  She could not get herself sorted out because she was too busy lovingly looking after Harry and visiting him in hospital, and latterly in a nursing home.  In addition to all this she had to battle with the medical authorities and the nursing home to make sure Harry received the best care possible.

After Harry's passing she had a consultation at the oncology centre and they detected something was wrong and ordered a CT scan and a biopsy. That was last week and we were sweating ever since, fearing the results which came at her consultation yesterday.  She was quite convinced the news would be bad and everyone was rather doubtful.

People have been praying for her all over the world ~ wonderful blogging friends of her's and mine, with one lady adding her on no fewer than three church prayer lists.

The consultation to discuss the results was yesterday and the news was better than any of us dared to imagine.  Maggie is completely clear of cancer and can resume a normal life, which she so deserves so much after losing her husband. 

The culprit is fibrous tissue about the size of a golf ball and a haematoma, both which can be completely cured, plus a hairline fracture of her pelvis which is healing well.  She must have got that during one of Harry's falls.

I want to thank everyone who prayed for her and for all your good wishes. I have lost too many friends and loved ones and now I still have my sister.

Please visit Maggie if you have the time ~ she has written a short post herself . . . HERE

Light indeed has returned to our family.

35 comments:

  1. You deserve much light, solace 7 JOY, you dear dear Eddie! <3





    Fond ALOHA, Friend
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia but I do have a lot to be thankful for . . . :)

      Delete
  2. A rainbow after the rain. Love FABULOUS news like this!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . it is such good news . . . . Eddie x

      Delete
  3. Dearest Eddie, it is so nice to see some hope. Sending you a warm hug and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eddie.....
    Great news, indeed! You must be thrilled...as is Maggie!
    Give her a hug from me!
    Have an awesome weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . very thrilled ~ it is like having her life back . . :)

      Delete
  5. Have to watch that hip though!
    Thank you for organising prayer your end. I've also been surrounded by love and prayers from my end! Between us we've had much help and have a lot to be thankful for. Many thanks to everyone whose prayed and who has supported me.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . .watching the hip . . . no more marathons . . . lol

      Delete
  6. Some of my message got lost!
    Should have read:- That was weird reading about my medical history through your blog!
    Since hearing my good news last Weds...... I've been living life with renewed vigour!
    (Followed by the above!)
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased by the news, Maggie , , , :) x

      Delete
  7. This is indeed excellent news. I rejoice with you and your family. It's good to appreciate the light that comes through the dark clouds that too often hang over us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice to see light victorious for a change although it will be totally victorious one day when all these evil diseases are no more . . :)

      Delete
  8. Hallelujah! Such great news for your family. Mine has been hit hard over the years, too.
    Much to celebrate - big hug for Maggie! ((((()))))
    And one for you too :-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for your family and this good news! Such a big relief! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy and yes it was a huge relief . . . :) x

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everything turned out all right for you and the family.

      Delete
    2. Saw the first comment, Keith, and I am very sorry . .

      Delete
    3. . . . .and a big thank you . . . :)

      Delete
  11. Thoughts, hugs and prayers to you and your family, Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely clear of cancer... How about that, Eddie? How about that? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what they say and all the tests confirm it . . . :)

      Delete
  13. Oh Eddie, this has brought a few tears to my eyes to read. I haven't blogged for a long time and am catching up with events. It is truly wonderful to learn that Maggie is doing well, though I offer my sincere condolences to your family on the passing of Harry.

    Love GR x

    (formerly Crystal Jigsaw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal but I will now call you GR
      Hope life is kind to you . . . :) x

      Delete
  14. Hi Eddie .. this is such great news ... I've been away for a short time ... and this year I've two friends in South Africa battling with cancer ... it's not easy. I'll pop over to Maggie. I feel for you and the family ... but we learn through our sadness of losing loved ones and friends ... have a peaceful weekend - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary . . .
      I;ll be along soon . . . :)

      Delete
  15. Such a roller coaster of rides for all of you. I am glad that sweet Maggie got good news on her latest medical test. Thank you for sharing this with us. My prayers are that you and your family will continue to enjoy good health and much happiness. Hugs to you and your precious Grands, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie ~ I now understand your feelings about your grand children . . . :)

      Delete
  16. Oh! I was holding my breath Eddie! Maggie May has been on my mind a lot in the last few weeks and then to come out here and begin reading that she's gone through such a trial! I'm happy you all finally got a bit of good news, may it continue in that direction for many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.