Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

MAIDEN SOLO PRAM VOYAGE WITH ROSA


I had an interesting afternoon with my granddaughter, Rosa and her mama, my daughter, Selina.

It followed an interesting morning gardening at The Rectory, where I work one half day a week with my good friends Sue and Fran.

When I arrived at my daughter's house little Rosa was playing in her baby rocker, situated in the kitchen, while mummy baked some cakes for daddy's birthday tomorrow.

Little Rosa was in fine form and voice ~ we were singing nursery rhymes and she was laughing and screeching joining in ~ I have never seen her so chirpy.  She sat on my knee and we played for an age and a little later her mummy fed her and then said she wanted to do some more work in the kitchen, so I said I would take her out for a walk in her pram.  She loved it and obviously felt totally at ease with me because she was laughing and gurgling like there was no tomorrow.  I was out with her for an hour and whilst walking I stopped and took a photo.



Then she really started laughing. It was almost as though she was imagining her saying, "Grandpa! please make me a pram which goes as fast as the one in the video!"  lol 

Then she fell asleep and I kept walking.
When we returned home she awoke and I handed her to her daddy who had just returned home from work.  

It was time to say goodbye since I had some shopping to do, and I was quite amazed that when I said goodbye to her she extended her little arms all by herself for me to pick her up and give her a little cuddle.


28 comments:

  1. Can feel you smiling all the way in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . I really enjoyed today . . . you are very perceptive to read the vibes from such a distance . . . :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like she had a grand time
    With Grandpa, a walk and a nursery rhyme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never seen her happier
      And she did not have a dirty 'nappier' . . lol

      Delete
  3. What a little sweetheart! I'm sure she loved the walk and little nap and Selina loved having a little break from her, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . .. lucky to have her and I think she is developing a sense of humour already . . . :)
      I was pleased to be able to give Selina a break . . . :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, cher be' be'! She is so adorable and how wonderful that she has your sense of humor! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marguerite ~ I think maybe a little of Grandpa is rubbing off onto them . . . :) lol

      Delete
  5. New Moms need all the breaks they can get!
    Nice of you to help out... although I suspect you were the lucky one. What a sweetheart.
    Such a pretty, pink patterned blankie and those beautiful blue eyes are something else!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . It will be nice to give Selina a break occasionally. I expect I shall be looking after Rosa for at least a day a week when Selina goes back to work so it is right she gets used to me . . :)

      Delete
  6. She is so cute!
    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manu ~ she takes after me of course . . . lol

      Delete
  7. Hi Eddie - so wonderful to read and see ... that music would keep your young lady awake ... but she's growing fast ... as they do! Cheers and have a happy weekend ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary ~ yes the music is a bit loud and I detected rather naughty in places . . . . I have no control over that. Yes she is growing very fast ~ close on 24 lbs now after 7 months. Happy w/e to you too . . .:)

      Delete
  8. Hi Eddie...
    Lovely day for all...
    You get precious time with Rosa...
    Selina gets precious time alone...rejuvenating...
    Kudos to you, Grampa!
    Have a great weekend...
    hugs to Peter from Miss V!!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. . . .
      I never considered how great it would be to be a grandparent until it happened . . . :)
      Peter sends hugs to Miss V.
      Have a great weekend.
      Cheers . . . Eddie :)

      Delete
    2. ME either Eddie! Isn't it wonderful?

      Delete
    3. Yes . . . wonderful and we have to keep going for them . . .
      As a man I am very fortunate to have this experience in my life . . . . :)

      Delete
  9. That sure is one fast pram, Eddie. Do you reckon we're too old to try that one out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now way, Blue, let's get building . . . lol

      Delete
  10. What a sweet Grandpa Eddie. She is adorable. Is there such a thing as too fast? LOL
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know I'm sweet . . . . rofl
      Was it a typo? . . lol
      Yes a bonnie little lass and I am seeing her tomorrow . . :)

      Have a great week too . . :)

      Delete
  11. Aw, how sweet was that moment. I'm having my first grand child in the summer. I offered to buy the baby stroller for them. It meant freedom to me to be able to get out with my kids and I loved pushing them all over. Hope I have a moment such as yours someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie . . . I am so pleased you are about to join the grandparent club. Funny about buying baby things. Peter has three car seats, three strollers, three potties, three of everything, three travel cots, three high chairs etc. One set at his house, one at mine and one at his other Grandpa and Nana's . . . lol. Rosa is getting the same way . . . lol

      Delete
  12. Adorable beyond words. She is lucky to have a grandpa like you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and very nice to meet you . . :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.