Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Monday, 30 January 2017

THE GRANDS GROWING UP FAST

Yes, they are growing up fast and developing so interestingly.

Peter, aged 3, is now fully potty trained which is wonderful.

He has started playschool and loves it. I walk with him to attend on a Friday morning although his Nanny takes him two other half days. One of the ladies remembers Peter's father when he attended 20 years ago. . . . . and she even remembers me! Crumbs, what a memory . . lol

He is a lively little lad and has a wicked sense of humour. In these shots he has just hyjacked his Grampa's chair . . . 


Doesn't he look mischievous? 


Here he is watching one of his favourite TV programmes, Peppa Pig.

He is so funny sometimes. He really likes to drink his milk from his old beaker. He now has a Thomas the Tank Engine mug . . . 



His mother does not like him drinking from his old beaker because he is a big boy now and it is a bit babyish.

Yet, when he asks for a drink of milk, when I say I am getting his Thomas mug, he looks at me and smiles, saying, "No, Grandpa, the other one!" . . . tongue in cheek.

I say, "But Mummy doesn't like you drinking from that one!"

He says, "Grandpa, don't be silly, Mummy is not here, she is at work!" . . lol

He is very affectionate towards his little cousin, Rosa, and here they are together.



And little Rosa?

She is coming along very nicely. Her vocabulary is quite remakarkable already.  I see her every Tuesday when I and her paternal grandmother look after her, which makes a lovely day.
Here she is in her fireman's helmet . . 




Like the little bunny rabbit dress?



I count myself most fortunate to have them both.



28 comments:

  1. Eddie, it is so good to see your grandchildren. Peter and Rosa are growing so fast and it sounds like they are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Yes thet are growing up fast . . . before I know it they will be graduating and asking for Ferraris . . . lol

      Delete
  2. Oh so good to see you Eddie! Glad to see your blessings too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cloudia and so nice to see you ~ has been a while . . :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, they are both so cute! I know they bring a lot of sunshine to your life. Rosa has really grown...and Peter has lost his baby look! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betsy . . . they must take after me . . haha! . . :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Eddie = can quite see why you're so enamoured ... they look delightful. It's wonderful you get to spend time with them ... lovely photos ... and yes that bunny rabbit dress is gorgeous. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary . . . the bunny rabbit dress really suits her . . . had her here today and it was a wonderfuk day . . .so much fun . . :)

      Delete
  5. I can see they both keep you on your toes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do . . . they do . . . but the beauty is I can hand them over at the end of the day . . . :)

      Delete
  6. haha smart kind indeed
    What mommy doesn't know takes seed
    Can sure be a win
    Give the old cup a spin
    And no diapers any more
    That sure is a score
    Both look happy as can be
    As he steals the chair of thee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel a touch of awe
      And feel that little chap's been here before.
      He's surely wise beyond his years
      and has a lot between those ears.
      And she is not that far behind
      She knows what she wants and has sharp mind.


      Delete
  7. Hi Eddie...
    You know how I feel about the "Littles" ♥️
    They both look like they are blossoming...
    I see Rosa has her Grampas blue eyes too...sweet!
    Hope you are having a great week...and welcoming February!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and glad you like my eyes . . . haha!
      Hope February onwards is great for you too . . Cheers, Eddie :)

      Delete
  8. They are lovely grandchildren!
    Had to laugh at Peter's attitude (out of sight, out of mind!) He'll go far!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks big sis . . .
      Yes so funny . .
      Had little Rosa here all day with Sue and had a lovely day . . . :) x

      Delete
  9. What blessings they are to you....and you to them.
    They are precious, Eddie.
    They both have grown so much!
    Enjoy every blessed moment. Those moments go too quickly....
    Hugs to you from across the pond.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie, only a grandmother/grandfather understands entirely just what it means to have and enjoy 'grands' . . . and you are blessed with your own . . .
      I was taliking to Rosa's paternal grandmother (widowed just 6 months after I lost Maria) about our genes living on in our grandchildren and she asked me what I thought Rosa had inherited from me and I said maybe my chin . . . lol and I asked her the same question \nd she replied her good nature. . . :) Maybe true.

      I often think that Maria would have loved these little people sooooo much . . . :)

      Hugs back to you . . :)

      Delete
  10. Cute grandkids! It sure does fly by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAW . . . nice to see you.
      I'll pop over but sometimes difficult to get through to your blog . . :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Eddie, the children do grow up so fast. The are adorable. How sweet to be able to spend time with them. Happy February Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and how nice to see you . . :)

      Delete
  12. They are beautiful little imps *grin* and it's a grandparents job to spoil them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder where they get their "Impish" nature from . . . lol
      Yes I am inclined to spoil them a bit too . . . :)
      Nice to see you Ms V . . :)

      Delete
  13. Yes you are a lucky grandpa to have those two little fun people in your life! That Peter is going to be BIG TROUBLE, I can see it in his sparkly eyes! Enjoy them while they are little as its amazing how quickly the birthdays come round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Sham' and I think you are right he is rather a cheeky monkey but everyone seems to love him. He was with his Mum in town and queuing for some refreshments ans a woman behind remarked that he is so cute and could she buy him a chocolate ice lolly . . . and he had one and thanked her . . :)

      Delete
  14. Yes you are a lucky grandpa to have those two little fun people in your life! That Peter is going to be BIG TROUBLE, I can see it in his sparkly eyes! Enjoy them while they are little as its amazing how quickly the birthdays come round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fortunate to have them in my life . . :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.