Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

TREE BENCH PROGRESS

Last year I started a large project, building a tree bench around a beautiful 200 year old tree.

The whole end of this lovely garden was overgrown and was an eyesore, with ivy climbing high up into the tree and a compost area obscuring what would otherwise be a lovely garden.  Two friends and I have been working to clear the site and we thought a tree bench would be great there as a feature and for us to enjoy our coffee breaks.


Quite a complicated beast . . being made in my back garden. The decking boards are being delivered tomorrow and I shall then be able to build the decking and the five seat backs which I shall dowel together. I have a great new machine which will be very useful for this and all my furture building projects.

Now the weather is improving I am able to resume progress and hope to finish it and transport it to site by the end of the month, ready for their annual open day.

I met several design and construction problems along the line, which I am pleased I managed to solve and all I need now is time, and this seems a very valuable commodity these days.

The tree bench should be very nice when finished around this tree.


I hope to have more news on progress soon.


15 comments:

  1. Getting it done
    Worked out the snafus so there is none
    Now just the time of thee
    To get it around the tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit done a day
      And it's on it's way
      Must finish it
      And then I will sit . . . lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Eddie...
    Looking good!
    Nearing the finish line...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda
      Done quite a lot more
      working on planking and seat vacks . . . cheers, Eddie :)

      Delete
  3. Love to read about and see photos of a job in progress. I imagine that you are having much fun with this project. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie
      I know your hubby is very handy and loves a project or three too . . :)

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work Eddie. There is a great oak tree in the middle of a village green not far from me, and I think it really needs a bench like the one you are making. Now, I was wondering. . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith . . . lol . . .I don't think the council could or would afford it . . . and besides there are no loos there . . . lol

      Delete
  5. It looks very impressive! Not long until you can assemble it around that tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy . . . hopefully I can get it over to The Rectory garden soon . . :)

      Delete
  6. My mother has one of those circle benches around a tree. I like them. The other bench you fixed in the previous post looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S.A.W. . . . yes, there was always an appeal to me to have a shot at making one . . . and this one cost a fair measure of blod, sweat and tears . . . (well almost on ocassions)

      Thanks for your comment to this and my previous post. Family can now sit on that one without the risk of it collapsing and them ending up in Bew Zealand . . . lol

      Delete
  7. Not long until you can assemble it around that tree!


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.