Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Sunday, 14 May 2017

PARROT JUST PIPPED AT THE POST FOR STAR OPERA ARIA

Mozart's opera, The Magic Flute, has always been a favourite of mine, and one of my favourite arias is the well known and notioriously difficult to sing Queen Of The Night, when the Queen rather insistently orders her daughter, Pamina, to kill the high priest, Sarastro. The aria is full of high drama and tension, requiring the singer to utilise incredible vocal acrobatics, matched superbly by a parrot, as you will see.

I was very interested to see that during recent auditions for this star role, top operatic singer soprano Diana Damrau was faced with stiff competition by a parrot, as can be seen filmed by a secret camera man on location.

When asked why the parrot did not get the part a spokesman said that Ms Damrau won the part by her superior acting ability.

Judge for yourselves . . lol



If anyone would like to see the full human version, please be my guest.




Crumbs!!  "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" . . . and . . "Methinks the lady doth protest too much!" . . . 

When asked to comment on why she did not get the part, the parrot said she should have practiced a bit harder. 




Rumour has it that Mozart was inspired to model the role on his rather eccentric and vocal mother-in-law, that is at least the flavour gleaned from the equally well know production, Amadeus. 

When children my mother used to wake us each morning with a "Wake Up, Get Up and Shut Up", followed by a breathtaking and dreadful  rendition of "Queen Of The Night". My father said she sounded like a dying duck in a thunderstorm . . lol

12 comments:

  1. Well, that last line made me laugh! :) Oh dear....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all used to laugh about it ~ bless my dear Mum and Dad . . :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Angel, I thought it was funny and it activated my imagination !!! . . . lol

      Delete
  3. Look at that parrot go
    With his flow
    They sure have skill
    Can fit the bill
    lol to the dying duck remark
    At least she tried to hit the mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That parrot is a remarkable bird
      To sing that opera was most absurd.
      But it just shows how they can repeat
      Even music, and that's quite a feat. . . . lol

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a musical parrot! I'd love to have a parrot. It would be fun to teach him some shocking words and then invite the vicar to tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be hilarious!! In your own defense you could say a sea faring friend gave you the Parrot .. . . . :) lol

      I had a budgie when I was a kid and we taught him Gorgey Porgie pudding and pie plus other things . . . I did a couple of funny posts on his antics . . . :)

      Delete
  5. Aaaaaaweeeee, the parrot gets my vote.... the cuteness factor overrides *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a remarable rendition isn't it . . . there is another parrot who imitates Pavarotti . . lol

      Delete
  6. Very cute parrot and so much talent. Amazing rendition for sure. Thanks for sharing Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda . . . makes me wonder what the parrot might have sounded like had it been born human . . . lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.