Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Thursday, 20 July 2017

IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Peter 'pulled' in the park today with a delightful little girl called Stella.


I had taken my grandson, Peter, to the park this afternoon and he had a great time on the swings and slides.

I noticed he was forming a slight attachment with a little girl. She was having a bit of trouble climbing the steep steps to a slide and Peter, gentleman as he is, extended his hand, which she took, and pulled her up. She tried again to go it alone but again he came to her assistance, and in fact did so another 3 times, much to the amusement of her mother and me.

She was a little shy of him at first as he chased and played and I did wonder if his advances might be unwelcome but lo and behold after about half an hour it was Stella who was doing all the chasing and holding his hand as often as she was able . . lol.

When it was time to leave and say our goodbyes Stella cried and said she wanted to stay with Peter. Their car was parked in the opposite direction to where we were heading so she grabbed his hand and asked me if he could walk with her to their car.

"Come on Peter, come with me!"

He looks quite proud of his conquest, doesn't he?
"I remembered everything you said, Grampa!" lol


So away we went, with Stella and Peter hand in hand and her mother and I following, rather amused.

When we got to the car Stella started to cry again because it was time to say goodbye to Peter.

I asked her mother if they visited the park regularly and if she thought it would be nice for them to meet up again and she said it was a good idea, so I gave her my telephone number. The little girl's face lit up and Peter just took it all in his stride. I wonder if he was thinking that this sort of thing often leads to this . . . lol


25 comments:

  1. Hi Eddie - just lovely to see ... so endearing - what a great grandkid ... so happy for you - and now lots of park meetings ... enjoy these times - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a rather touching encounter. A bit like a kiddies' version of Brief Encounter. . . Lol

      Delete
  2. Oh how delightful. My heart melted as I read how well the two little ones got on. It's often the other way round. One thought that struck me... when your grandson is older I wonder if he will continue to be the 'perfect gentleman'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course . . lol. Just like his Grampa. . lol

      Delete
  3. lmao at least he's in the know
    Where such things may go
    Better start saving for the day
    Can sure suck away pay

    A little helping hand can go a long way
    Made a friend at the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all was so funny
      It made the day so sunny.

      . . . lol

      Delete
  4. He's going to break many a girl's heart methinks!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've thought for a long time that he won't have any trouble finding a girlfriend . . . bless him . . :) Eddie x

      Delete
  5. That is just hilarious! But I don't blame Stella one bit....Peter is absolutely adorable and a gentleman, too! I hope there are many more play dates at the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it made for an enjoyable and entertaining afternoon.
      I hope they meet again but he winked and told me wants to have a good look around before he settles . . . lol . . . :)

      Delete
  6. The pictures are adorable and go along with the post so well! I hope to read about more of Peter and Stella's budding friendship at the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. It is quite remarkable sometimes how quickly and deeply attachments can happen. Maybe they might meet up again, time will tell. Peter's mother, when aged 5, adored his would be father and gave him a Valentine's card. There was a long wait and they got together in the 6th form. . . . :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Eddie....
    Peter is a real chip off the old block,eh?
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Well maybe but if he carries on at this rate he will be the tutor . . .
      I'll be along to your post shortly.
      Enjoy your week too. . . :)

      Delete
  8. He is so cute, Eddie.
    I see so much of you in his looks. I know that you are proud and love him beyond words.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie . . . nice compliment.
      I am crackers about him and kittle Rosa . . . :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh nice to see the "first date" went so well. Stella seems to be very happy to have Peter as a special friend, and Peter doesn't seem to be complaining either!! I hope the little people get to meet and have fun in the park again soon. I wonder if they will be going to the same school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 'Sham' . . . No they won't be going to the same school because Stella lives about 10 miles away. I have a sneaky feeling it was just a 'one day stand' somehow . . . lol . . . :)

      Delete
  10. Both Peter and Stella looks so cute..
    I hope Peter had a great date..!!!Hope they will be more closer to each other in future..
    Have a great weekend Eddie..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia, I count myself most fortunate to have him and Rosa. . . . :)

      Delete
  12. His advances seem pretty advanced! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.