Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Thursday, 7 September 2017

I'M SO SORRY TO INTERRUPT YOU

A highly amusing incident occurred yesterday.

I was looking after two year old Rosa, my grand daughter, as I will do so every Wednesday afternoon, in addition to a full day Tuesday. My daughter asked me to deliver a parcel to the mother of a friend for her grand daughter. The mother, a divorcee, lives closeby to me and so whilst out walking with Rosa, pushing her in her stroller, I knocked on her door.

A period of time elapsed before the mother, still looking quite young for a grand parent, opened the door, dressed in a dressing gown and bare footed, although it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Recognising me she apologised for not being suitably dressed to receive me and then her eyes moved over to Rosa and her heart melted, since she loves my daughter and Rosa, but has not seen them for a while.

She said she would dearly love to invite us inside but right now she has someone with her, and looked a little flushed.

I winked at her and said, "You are entertaining a gentleman friend, aren't you?"  and she said, "Er! well, yes!"

I said, "I am so sorry to interrupt!", and we both laughed so darned hard.

I said I had a parcel for her from my daughter for her son and fiancee for their daughter.

Quite a while had passed by now and she said she would love to see Rosa and myself and when would we be available. I said we are here every Wednesday afternoon and she proceeded to ask me for my telephone number, both land and mobile. Then she said she had better go and I apologised again for the interruption, remarking that this was the first time I had ever interrupted at such a crucial moment. Oh boy, she did laugh, and even more so when I continued, "I expect he is feeling rather deflated and you're no longer in the mood now, are you!! . . . the poor chap will have to start proceedings all over again!! Please extend my apologies to the gent!"

She was in absolute hysterics. . . . lol


20 comments:

  1. Oh my......... What a predicament. I don't think I'd have answered the door!!!!!! Ha ha!

    Hopefully, getting my second eye done tomorrow!)
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caught in the act . . . . haha!
      Hope it goes well, big sis. xx

      Delete
  2. lol I'd have made you wait until I was done
    Wouldn't let a knock on the door ruin such umm fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose she could have yelled out,

      "Go away! . . . and let me play,
      I'm busy having fun today!" . . . . haha!

      Delete

      Delete
  3. Hi Eddie - I'm not sure I'd have opened the door ... perhaps she was expecting her next date, or the delivery driver ... a bit late for the milkman - oh poor woman - still at least she wants to see you and Rosa ... fun story ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol . . . and I found it so funny that whilst a gent was waiting patiently inside she was getting my telephone numbers . . . so funny . . cheers, Eddie

      Delete
  4. Oh, goodness! It must not have been too much fun if she was willing to leave to open the door! hahahahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have a point there . . . . haha!!!

      Delete
    2. I definitely agree with Betsy....very easily distracted! Hahaha!

      Cheers!
      Linda :o)

      Delete
    3. Yes, I expect he was 'not much cop' as our saying goes . . . . haha!

      Delete
  5. still at least she wants to see you and Rosa ... fun story ... cheers Hilary


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roth . . . welcome to my blog . . . :)

      Delete
  6. I would not have opened the door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You are entertaining a gentleman friend, aren't you?" and she said, "Er! well, yes!"
    Hahaha! What a great story, and I haven't even read all of it.

    I said, "I am so sorry to interrupt!", and we both laughed so darned hard.
    Coitus interruptus!

    ...remarking that this was the first time I had ever interrupted at such a crucial moment. Did you really say that? Haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa hahaaaaaaaaaaa haha! That's so funny.

    "I expect he is feeling rather deflated and you're no longer in the mood now, are you!! . . . the poor chap will have to start proceedings all over again!! Please extend my apologies to the gent!"
    Woooooooooohahahahaha! I swear, Eddie, this has been a horrible day for me but you sure know how to make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! yes . . . all true and do you know what? She has not telephoned yet . . . lol. Perhaps she is otherwise engaged on Wednesday afternoons . . . lol

      Glad I exercised your chuckle muscle, Blue . . :)

      Delete
    2. You sure made my day.... Was it a Wednesday? lol

      Delete
  8. Hello Eddie, happy to see you popped in. That was quite the story...lol. I am surprised she even answered the door. I am sure her gentleman friend wasn't too happy about it. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda.
      I have no doubt at all that he was unhappy . . . lol
      . . . :)

      Delete
  9. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    โคนัน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.