Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Saturday 11 October 2014

QUOTATIONS TO BRIGHTEN ANY WEEKEND -11-




It has been a while since I posted some quotations so without further ado let's see a few more:


Showman Phineas T. Barnum knew there were fortunes to be made in show business, since

"Every crowd has a silver lining."


Hollywood producer Sam Goldwin 

"Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined."

and

"What we want is a story that starts with an earthquake and works its way up to a climax."


Pianist and mordant Oscar Levant:

"Strip away the phoney tinsel of Hollywood and you find the real tinsel underneath."


Mae West in the 1930s, playing the bad girl:

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

and

Girl: Goodness what beautiful diamonds you are wearing!
Mae West:  Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie!



Comedian Will Rogers:

"The movies are the only business where you can go out front and applaud yourself."



Errol Flynn, whose private life was expensively wild, confessed:

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."


Mickey Rooney recognizes:

"I'm the only man who has a marriage licence made out 'To Whom It May Concern!'"




More next week



26 comments:

  1. I just love these quotes, especially anything from Mae West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen ~Mae West was certainly a character, wasn't she? . . . :)

      Delete
  2. The Snow White one is especially funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes . . . impossible to dwarf Mae West's humour . . . lol

      Delete
  3. Hi Eddie - love the Mae West one ... "I drifted" ... fun and so right ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a few Mae West quotes . . . . but I never heard of that one until I read it in my book . . . :)

      Delete
  4. I used to be Snow White too, Eddie, but then the world tried to double-cross me and I ended up being blue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those quotes. I like the ones about old age (not that I old yet!). The cure to stop you from going grey was invented by a Frenchman did you know? His name was Monsieur Guillotine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monsieur Guillotine, or Madame Guillotine would cure all conditions and ailments . . . lol
      Yes I spotted the typo ~ (not that I'm old yet).
      I make so may typos and misspellings myself I have started proof reading my comments before I post them. . . . :)

      Delete
    2. Who's "Miss Spellings"? Do I know her?

      Delete
    3. She's having coffee with "Miss Nomer" and "Miss Print". They are getting alone fine . . . lol

      Delete
  6. Fun stuff. I'd heard a few of them.. and smiled at all of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary ~ I have a lot more quotes which I hope to post every weekend . . . they do seems to brighten our days a bit . . . I bet Mae West was a character . . . :)

      Delete
  7. to whom it may concern....smiles...
    thanks for the smiles good sir...i needed the lift to brighten the day....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian and you are most welcome, Sir . . .
      I wonder if the school kids call you that . . . . :)

      Delete
  8. I like the Mae West one about Snow White!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy and that Mae West does seen "top of the pops" this week with her Snow White quote..
      I have some more of hers and one I shall post next week . . . :)

      Delete
  9. haha a bit redundant with the shrink
    The to whom it may concern had to come with a wink
    I can applaud myself without a screen
    Although I may look rather obscene lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi . . . my good friend Pat
      Calling in with this and that
      Glad you liked this week's quotes
      And they made you laugh and got your vote . . . . lol

      Delete
  10. Hi Eddie.....
    I found you!
    I guess I was MIA for the holiday!
    I do believe that your comments are just as...if not....funnier than the quotes!
    I like the Snow White one!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)
    Give Peter a hug for me♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MIA . . . . . does not compute . . . lol
      Is this ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics . . . . . lol
      Love the comments and replying to them , , , and thank you for yours
      I thought you had abandoned me and gone to a cottage by Lake Eirie. . . . rofl.
      I might have guessed you would like the Snow White one . . .
      I will give Peter a hug from you inded . . . .
      Cheers
      Eddie :)

      Delete
    2. Missing in action......must be a Canadian thingy!
      Have fun!

      Delete
    3. Ah thanks . . . a bit like AWL = absent without leave . . .:)

      Delete
  11. Oscar Levant is one of the truly underrated wits of the twentieth century. I'm always happy to read more from him. Heck of a pianist, also. As I understand it, he was beset by almost crippling bouts of depression (as, it seems, many of the world's best wits have been - odd that.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.