Please leave a comment.


I love receiving and reading comments ~ please leave one.
If you are a regular I am pleased to see you again ~ make yourself at home. If you are new to my blog, welcome too, and please introduce yourself and I will reply very soon.

Saturday 31 October 2009

The Sunday Roast

Granny' s Web Will Captivate You
And She Does Spin Such A Good Yarn
It is my very great pleasure to introduce a special lady this week whom we all love.

She was the very first person, ever, to comment on my first post - so to me you are very special, Granny, and you come from Lancashire, like me to boot!

This week's interview is with Marian,
who writes the blog Granny on the Web .

Thank you Granny


Here's the first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I first was introduced (reluctantly) to computers in 2000. (Another long story) Hooked from day one, I was doing more and more playing around in things that interested me, photos, email, music, and web wandering. I had looked up something, can't remember now what, and one of the Google answers was a blog post by Ken. I thought to myself, who is this chap and what is he blabbering on about? As I read on back through his posts, I then realised he had 'comments' left from other people and they had posts too. I was intrigued. So I investigated, and set up a blog of my own. It stayed sort of empty a long time, as I got cold feet when I read that too much detail put out on the web, opened the gates of hell and all the world would come to my door! I picked up again later when feeling a bit more comfortable. Now I realise how wonderful it is to read about things going on all over the world, about people and their lives, wonderful photographs such as Abe has on his bird and other blogs he posts, and gradually I added more and more as I read comments on other blogs and went to their site and read theirs... it can go on and on infinitum. Now I blog to give others a smile or something of interest every day.

What's the story behind your blog name?

My younger grandchildren nick-named me' Nannie, the one on the tooter', to distinguish me from their other grandmothers. It was my eldest one, who a few years back (she is now 24) who screeched one day when she visited me ' MY GRANNY IS ON THE WEB". She was amazed that anyone my 'age' would be on the WWW.... she was so uneducated! ( I must add she screeched even more and nearly wet herself when she came for a visit, and I had got an iphone)
So when I was doing something and I had to have profile name, I chose this one.

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

I suppose I went on a bit in the first question about all the good things about being a blogger. I think to add to that, it is the community link with young and old, to hear about adoptions, babies, weddings, ups and downs of life, pains and prayers going back and forth, tips and quips, laughter and tears... and fears. To see and hear about places I before never heard of.

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

I don't know if I am equipped to give advice as such, except to say, keep at it and visit as many other bloggers as you can, you are bound to find someone you have empathy with, share the same sort of existence or lifestyle, or just some one who you find of great interest and can relate to.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever read?

There are so many that have struck chords, but if I have to choose one.
I have great empathy with LILY and her struggle with her ongoing senile parent, 'been there done that and wore the Tshirt'.
This particulate post I nominated for post of the week, but that fell on no ones ears, sadly. She tries to give humour to her ongoing struggle with her mother, whilst juggling all the other balls in the air at the same time.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

I haven't written it yet!
I wish I was as good with words as Penny, but I'm not! Wish I was as good with the camera as Abe, as good with a cartoon as Gee, as optimistic as Bernie, or as prolific with the stories as Eddie, but I'm not , and it's too late to expect the grey cells to absorb more skills, they are shedding by the millions daily!

If you were to suggest two blogs for roasting who would you pick, and why?


'There are many blogs which for me personally strike chords. I am not able to say why, just that on visiting, even briefly for a nosy when reading a comment they left for someone else, that first encounter intrigued me, impressed me, or cheered me. Scriptorsenex at Rambles In My Chair is one of them. This chap I admire, not least because he lives in my birth county, but mainly because of his wit and get up and go; and when my aches and pains give me Gyp I remind myself of his health problems and my own pale to insignificance.
and secondly... gosh this is so hard because I am surely spoilt for choice, I really like visiting Val's Diary . An ordinary lady, like myself, but her posts have great interest and though I haven't been with her long, I still find her most entertaining and rewarding.


____________________________________________________

Today's Sunday Roast with Marian is the 88th in a weekly
series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.
_____________________________________________________

This interview will feature in The Roll of Honour
for all published Roasts. To view press HERE ________________________________________________

21 comments:

  1. Another good interview Eddie. I'm off to visit a fellow grannie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful choice Eddie, and thank you. Great to meet another grannie, and one who seems to have conquered the web with ease, unlike moi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, Eddie...went straight over to Granny's site and read todays post. Enjoyed it, too...thanks...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful roast, Eddie! Grannies have certainly come a very long way. I can't wait to visit Marian's blog and get better acquainted. Chances are very good she will end up on in my favorites!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....... How wonderful to see Granny this week!!!!!! She is lovely! Full of wit and provides a chuckle every day. How lovely to *meet* her. I already feel I know her as I go over to hers most days.
    Brilliant Interview and I will try and look up all the links as soon as I can.

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Eddie, good roast. Always good to meet a fellow Gramma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful way to meet new and interesting people, Eddie. I thoroughly enjoyed Granny...I'm 65 but none of my three sons have had the decency to make me a grandmother yet...well, none have even gotten married but there IS hope. My middle son has a date set...May 7, 2010. Let's hope, by that date in 2011, I might join the "granny" ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your interviews! It's been fun meeting new people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Eddie and Granny! It's nice to meet you Granny! I'll stop by and check out your blog next.
    THANKS!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great to see Granny, I don't know why but I thought (by her name) she was much older, she is beautiful.....she gives me a chuckle every time she post, so uplifting and I love, love, love going to her blog.
    Wonderful choice this week Eddie, she is very special to me.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. great interview eddie. someone i actually have not met yet, so off to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely roast, my friend. You are doing such a good job with this... Thank you for all your hard work among the pain that you are having right now in your life. My best to Maria...my wishes for a speedy hip replacement for you. Regarding Granny on the Web, I have enjoyed her blog for as long as I've been blogging....which isn't very long. She always brings a smile to anyone who visits her. Great choice for the roast this week. Continued success to Granny....and much love to you, Eddie.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you are right!!! Someone we ALL LOVE!!!! Yes, that's Marian, aka "Granny!" One of my favorites! And you have done a beautiful job "roasting," my friend!!! Simply terrific! Congrats to the both of you on a wonderful roast!!!! Hugs, and continued prayers for you and yours, Eddie! Janine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Roast, and well roasted Granny!
    From the interview itself I am assured that granny's web will be great. I am off to read her blogs!
    Thank you Eddie for all your hard work.
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the mention, Granny. I'm flattered. But I'm not sure my son would agree that Liverpool is in Lancashire - he thinks Liverpool should have Home Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent as always. Well done Granny, you are goodness itself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marian is a lovely person who sometimes comes to my place and gets embarrassed. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Granny is a Star and so self- effacing I'm a mature person starting to see blogging in a new light. Keep up the good work Eddie / Mike
    from Greased Lightening near Chester

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely lady, and I don't understand why I didn't catch up with her before now. Keep up the good work, Eddie, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You are most welcome to my humble abode.